How To Prepare And Safely Weather A Tornado
Don’t wait for severe weather to arrive to start thinking about keeping yourself and your family safe. Now is the time to become StormAware. Being StormAware means that you and your family not only know how to protect yourselves in the event of a tornado or severe weather, but that you are aware of whenever the weather forecast calls for chance of severe storms; that during those times you monitor weather for severe watches and warnings.
What is the difference between a tornado watch and warning:
- A tornado WATCH means a tornado is possible in your area.
- A tornado WARNING means a tornado has been sighted and may be headed for your area. Go to safety immediately.
- Tornado WATCHES and WARNINGS are issued by county.
Here are a few tips on how to start preparing:
- Know your area’s tornado risk. In the U.S., the Midwest and the Southeast have a greater risk for tornadoes.
- Know the signs of a tornado, including a rotating, funnel-shaped cloud; an approaching cloud of debris; or a loud roar—similar to a freight train.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) If your community has sirens, then become familiar with the warning tone.
- Pay attention to weather reports. Meteorologists can predict when conditions might be right for a tornado.
- Identify and practice going to a safe shelter. The best protection is a small, interior, windowless room on the lowest level of a sturdy building.
Tornadoes are one of nature’s most violent storms and can cause death, injury, and destruction within seconds. You can find more tips on preparing your family for severe weather by visiting the Preparedness section of RedCross.org.
And the winner is....
Best of the Bay Winners
Congratulations to our SERVPRO of Brown County team...winners of the Best of the Bay 2020!!
Keeping all of us safe and healthy!
National Children's Day!
National Children's Day
On Sunday, June 14th, we celebrate National Children's Day!
The day honors the children in our lives by slowing down our fast-paced lives, turning off the tech, and refocusing on the important things. Taking one day may not be enough, but using it as an opportunity to redirect our family’s lives may be an important step in a child’s life. Children look up to the adults in their lives for guidance. While their personalities are unique, they develop their character as they spend time with you.
Cherish our children, spend time with them. Seize the opportunity to spend time with your children and grandchildren. Make it your mission to:
- Start new traditions.
- Explore the outdoors.
- Tell family stories.
- Be creative through art or music.
- Teach them something new.
- Open your heart to new ideas.
- Listen to your children.
- Seek adventure with your children.
- Break out of old routines.
- Pursue new opportunities with your children.
Share your adventures with your children using #NationalChildrensDay to share on social media!
Commercial Cleaning For Homes and Businesses
Keeping our community safe and clean.
At SERVPRO of Brown County we know when disaster strikes it can strike anywhere. With that being said, we need to be prepared to take on restoration and cleaning projects for homes AND businesses across the Green Bay area.
Our team here at SERVPRO of Brown County can take care of any commercial disaster recovery project large or small.
Because we’re a locally owned business, we understand that working time lost because of a disaster means money lost. Since we have that understanding, we strive to perform any commercial cleanup needs as quickly, efficiently and effectively as possible. Our number one goal is to make sure to get your business back to work as soon as possible.
As we said, our technicians are trained and ready to take on any kind of disaster clean up like flood damage, fire and smoke damage, mold, biohazard situations and even crime scenes like break ins or vandalism.
Our techs can also help with more general tasks like carpet cleaning.
Here’s a list with examples of just a few of the commercial properties our team is ready to tackle:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
If you need our services to help your business recover, call us at 920-434-8224.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Brown County today at [920-434-8224] for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Celebrating National Teacher Week!
It’s Teacher Appreciation Week and with most schools closed because of COVID-19, we’ve all gotten a pretty clear glimpse into “a day in the life” of a teacher. And it’s safe to say we have found greater appreciation for teachers as we’ve seen just how much they do and how their passion to help students learn and grow has spilled over into virtual classrooms.
It’s in these challenging times that we truly recognize and appreciate how our nation’s educators play such a pivotal role in our children’s lives—inspiring a lifelong love of learning and discovery and making a difference in their well-being and long-term success.
Here a few fun ideas to thank our teachers for their immense work and positive impact while social distancing:
1. Teachers change the lives of millions of children every day—and when we think about all that they are doing for our kids, it moves us beyond words, so we need emojis to say how we feel. Get emoji-tional and share how you love, celebrate, and care for our teachers on social media. And use #ThankATeacher on your posts.
2. Take a picture of your child learning from home and send it to their teacher.
3. Make a video about why your child and family are thankful for your teacher and send it to your teacher.
4. Get on TikTok and show your teachers how you and your family are learning together during COVID-19. Get creative with it! You can sing Montell Jordan’s hit song, “This is How We Do it” and make sure you use #AlwaysLearning in your post!
Have fun with celebrating some of the most wonderful role models in our children's lives.
Keeping Our Pets Safe
Furry family members!
The best thing you can do for your pets is to plan ahead! There are many reasons you may need to evacuate your home such as storms, flooding, and fires.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has a list of items you will want to include in your pet’s evacuation kit:
- Copies of Vaccination Records
- Medication or a List of Needed Medications
- Lists of Any Special Needs or Allergies
- Ownership Records (things like adoption paperwork, microchip paperwork registration papers, or at least photos of you with your pets)
- Leashes, Harnesses, Collars and/or Carriers
- Pet Food and Treats (enough for each pet for 3 to 7 days)
- Water (enough for each pet for 3 to 7 days)
- Cat Litter and Box
- Dog Waste Bags
- A Pet First Aid Kit (including cotton bandage rolls, bandage tape, scissors, antibiotic ointment, medical-type gloves, isopropyl alcohol and saline solution)
- Cleaning Supplies (in case your pet has an accident)
- List of Important Phone Numbers (including your veterinarian, local animal shelters, local pet-friendly hotels, local animal control, local pet boarders)
Always keep track of the most current weather conditions to ensure you know where your pets are in case an event takes place and you need to leave quickly.
At SERVPRO of Brown County, our pets are our family and we know it is the same for many families in the Green Bay Area. Be sure to plan ahead to keep those furry family members safe!
Safer Home Receipes
While staying at home, enjoy your family time by making some delicious and fun reciepes!
Blender Chocolate Mousse
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
Fresh whipped cream (optional)
1/2 cup fresh berries (optional)
Place chocolate chips, egg and coffee liqueur or vanilla in blender and chop. Heat cream until very hot and small bubbles appear at edge. Carefully pour hot cream into the blender. Blend until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into dessert dishes or pretty wine or martini glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until it firms up a bit. Serve with fresh berries and/or whipped cream on top. Makes enough for 2 to 3 servings
Roasted Garlic Blender Salsa
- 1 Carrot, medium
- 1 medium size handful Cilantro
- 1 whole head Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1 Lime, juice of
- 1/2 Onion, small
- 1 14 oz can Tomatoes
Baking & Spices
Oils & Vinegars
Nuts & Seeds
- 1- 10 oz can orginal Rotel
Enjoy...to your family from our SERVPRO family!
Proactive Cleaning in the Community
Proactive Cleaning in Our Local Community
Working together to get some proactive cleaning done on 2 of the iron ore carriers that are currently in dock at Bay Shipbuilding in Sturgeon Bay, WI. We needed to proactively clean the ship’s crew areas before the crews arrived for the shipping season. Definitely an incredible experience for our SERVPRO team to see how enormous these ships are, 750 – 1000 feet long! With that being said, you would think the crew would be quite extensive in number, but surprisingly they consist of 20 -25 crew members.
SERVPRO of Brown County is here to help! We have technicians on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ready to go into action when they are needed. Call us at (920) 434-8224
#proactive #teameffort #SERVPROBrownCounty
As the rain showers set in, the concern for flooding arises. If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
There are a few tips for homeowners and business owners can do to prevent water damage.
- Inspect your roof regularly, especially after heavy storms. Look for missing or loose shingles or any heavy wear.
- You will want to clean your gutters to ensure proper drainage. By being proactive in cleaning your gutters, you can prevent your foundation from cracking your basement walls.
- Check your sump pump yearly, and most importantly after heavy thunderstorms.
- Regularly check your pipes to make sure there are no leaks.
- Extra tip: Keep an eye on your water bill. If you notice your bill increasing, that could be a cause for concern, and you would want to check it out before any more damage occurs.
If water damage does happen in your home or business, rest assured that SERVPRO of Brown County is ready to help you. We are available at any time or day, and since we’re local, we’re faster to any sized disaster!
Call or email us (920)434-8224 at office@SERVPROgreenbay.com to see how we can help clean your home or business.